Thursday, September 30, 2010

Tim's Pumpkin Farm!!

084

Oh I just LOVE the pumpkin farm!!! It is definitely my favorite thing to do in the fall!  This is our second year in a row going to Tim's pumpkin farm outside of Syracuse.  I love that it is not too commercial and that we can come out of there with a trunk full of pumkins and bellies full of doughnuts and cider for under $20...that is my kind of place! 


I also LOVE that you can get AMAZING pics there!!! I just love the scenery and all the fall colors...Now with this comes a lot of pressure to get the amazing pictures...and with this pressure comes a high strung momma who unfortunately sucks the fun out of the day in order to get the perfect picture...I so realize this but hey I want good pictures!!


Well it started off pretty well...the girls were cooperating with my commands (with the exception of  Sophie who was starting to put up a stink) and I was still envisioning the mother of all pictures in my head (all 4 kiddos in a wheelbarrow with big perfect smiles and bright orange pumpkins littering the background...oh yeah!)...I then started to lose my flow a little...Sophie was on her last warning (for not smiling!) and we told her that we were bringing her back to the car if she didn't smile (empty threat?  of course...)   So after a couple warnings she then decided that she would work with me and then all three of my precious little girls flashed me a beautiful smile...I quickly focused in on my little angels and pushed the button to take the picture...it wouldn't push...so I tried again...they started to get a little inpatient and I knew I had approximately 2 seconds before the moment was lost.....so I quickly tried again...Nope...the unthinkable just happended....my camera battery died!  Yep...D-E-A-D!    As embaressing as it is to admit...I began to cry like a little baby!! I could not believe it!! My wheel barrow picture was becoming a distant memory...and the realization that I would not be able to take any more pics at the pumpkin farm began to sink in...


And then through the tears a a sense of releif came rushing over me and I thought, "Jeannine, you can't take any more pictures...this is a blessing!! Put your camera down and enjoy the day with your 4 amazing children and wonderful husband!  I then put my camera away and  became the momma I should always be!! The kind of momma that is enjoying the moment with her children rather than being so preoccupied with photographing the fabricated "perfect" moment!!!  I am sure there are some mothers out there that can do both but it is not this momma! 

I truly believe God sucked every last bit of power out of that battery that day so that I would have no choice but to spend the day having fun with my babies!!! THANK YOU GOD...it worked! 



087


088

090

098

104

111

114

117

108

118

120

121

Am I just crazy or can any of you camera toting mommas out there relate??

5 comments:

Emily said...

Hormones! HA! I would have done the same thing (as I have witnessed first hand the pressure and stress to get the perfect pic:) Love the pics, the hats,the shirts, and the smiles! We are going Saturday and I hope to get one smile out of the little man. But where was Bally and his pumpkin hat?

Justine said...

I can relate and God has blessed me many times by sucking the life out of my camera batteries...hehe! In fact same thing happened to me at the pumpkin patch this year and yea, the two year old in me wanted to throw a tantrum. Recently, I realized I have hardly any pictures of my closest friends because when I am with them I am having too much fun to think about my camera!

Ruby said...

Hahaha I can definitely relate. You had me cracking up! You got great pics though! Beaufitul family

Jennifer said...

Wow, you still got great pictures! You have the cutest kids and they are always dresses so cute! I want to eat Levi with a spoon! I miss Hudson being that little. I don't have to tell you how quickly time flies! Squish him tonight :)

Hollie said...

I think you still got some really great pics! sometimes when i forget my camera, I'm upset about it, but then i realize i enjoy myself so much more! it's like a blessing that i forgot it! :-) so i totally know what you mean.
your kids are so adorable! i love their pumpkin hats. we have a local pumpkin patch in our town and i'm hoping to go soon. let's see if i can actually get there! ha! :-)