Saturday, October 2, 2010

Happy 5TH Birthday, my Sweet Sophie!


013

I still can't believe my little Sophie is FIVE!  Five seems like such a big jump from 4...it still makes me a little sad to think of how quickly my little ones are growing up!  We had a great family day...we started out the morning with a quick trip to Dunkin Donuts to pick out some birthday donuts (just Sophie and mommy)...for the last couple of years we only made it to the convenient store to get donuts but since this year her birthday fell on a Saturday we were able to go all out and get the super delicious donuts!  :)  After unwrapping her gifts we made a family trip to a local cider mill (and had MORE donuts) and then topped off our afternoon with some Sonic (wow...as I write this it is making sense why I have not been able to shed all my baby weight!!)  We then enjoyed some cupcakes...it was a great day...

And here some things I want to remember about my sweet Sophie at the age of 5...
  • Still LOVES horses
  • loves to play...she can play with anything!
  • loves to make arts and crafts...her latest artwork involves dried leaves and sticky letters...they are everywhere around our house...very festive!
  • Still says a couple words in a funny way...My favorite is "Brefkiss" for "Breakfast"
  • Although she can be mean sometimes...when she is excited about something she is just the sweetest little girl...
  • She is ALL girl...loves anything pink, glitter, hearts, pretty...and she is now asking me if she can have long hair..this is a hard one for me!! I LOVE Sophie's little bob!
  • She does not care for Matilda Jane ruffles at all (much to my dismay)!  She calls them "fat pants" and will cry and say she looks ugly when I put them on her...and yes I do make her wear them...she is only 5!! I am not about to give up my clothes choosing authority yet!
  • Can be very competitive with Ella...I know at times Sophie gets upset because Ella is very good at a lot of things she does (ex. sports, school, etc.)...but the one thing that Sophie has "up" on Ella is she won't cry for shots, getting blood drawn, or even getting her ears pierced...and of course she will tell Ella this a hundred times a day!
  • She loves her mama!  Although she loves her daddy she still prefers me...
026

028

029

036

I was so excited to find this at Target!! I used to play with Monchichis!!
048

042

059

067

076

078


4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday Sophie!

We had a sugar high on Landree's birthday too :)

She's a doll!

Jodee said...

Happy birthday to your girly girl!

Hoots Momma said...

how fun. shes getting big!

Emily said...

What a sweetheart she is! I can't believe I met her on her first birthday....time does fly! Happy Birthday Pinkalicious! We love you!!!