Saturday, October 9, 2010

The Girls LOW KEY Birthday party!

096


086
Sophie and Ella have always had a combined party since their birthdays are a month apart and the majority of our family lives out of town...This year we went with a real low key party for several reasons...first because I had just come off a 3 month maternity (which equates to very little cash!)...and also because I just didn't have it in me this year...and what I have learned from having a low key party is this: 
              1-You save lots of money! 
              2-Sophie and Ella could really care less...they      
                 are just so happy to be with the aunts, uncles, cousins, 
                 and grandparents! 
              3-It is a lot less stress!   
              4-You save lots of money!!! Yes I really like this one!! :)

So I let the girls go and pick out some plates, cups, and party hats from the party place (and came out spending $50 rather than $100!)...we bought 1 pack of decorations ($6) and as a surprise I picked up a pinata (my splurge of $30)...I made all the cupcakes myself and then made a giant cupcake for the birthday girls with a pan I bought for Abbie's first bday...I even went to their closet rather than to the mall to pick out something for them to wear to their party...Yay for me! 


091

The girls just adore their Uncle Scott...I really think they could play with him ALL day long!
093

095

Sophie with a her ladybuy friend...
098

100

Pinata Time!!
112

116

119

130

134

Mommy with her birthday girls!!
158

163

Oh I just love Ella's face in this one...169

176

182

180

Sophie with her great Grandma Moebs...
184

BFF...Cousins Brayden and Levi...look how cute they look...we didn't even prop up their arms...they did it all on their own!
190
Loving the camera...
194

I know Levi...Mommy always takes it a step too far and never knows when to quit!  Sorry!
203

The girls trying out their new rollerblades with their Papa
212

216

207

What a wonderful day with family!

2 comments:

Ashley@The Vanilla Tulip said...

YAY! Happy Birthday Girlies! Looks like a great day :) Don't you LOVE lowkey birthday parties?!

Emily said...

Love the pics! We had such a great time at the party! Miss you girls! And Levi too :)