Monday, June 1, 2009

Happy FIRST Birthday, Abbie Grace!


My baby turns one...


341



Our dear little Abbie turned one ...I still can't believe it. I feel like it was just yesterday when I found out we were pregnant! We were knee deep in the adoption process and were so excited to be traveling to China to bring home our little Ella...when SURPRISE! I still remember buying the pregnancy test at Walmart and Greg casually asking, "what's this?" I played it off like it was nothing because that's really what I thought it was...nothing...how could I be pregnant? We weren't even trying and it took forever to conceive Sophie! I remember finding out and being SO excited but scared...how was I going to be able to manage a new 2-year old daughter, Sophie, and a newborn?? How was I going to travel to China pregnant? Would China allow the adoption to go through since there would be a new sibling? Not to worry...we traveled to China 4-months pregnant (by the grace of God the morning sickness subsided several weeks before we traveled to China!), our adoption went through, and although there are times I struggle I think I have finally figured out how to manage my three little ladies to the best of my ability and most importantly I'm LOVING it!


I LOVE my precious Abbie! She is such a sweet baby who almost always has a smile on her face...she has the most beautiful deep set blue eyes that I just adore...she looks just like her Daddy (with the exception of the blue eyes) and is definitely a Daddy's girl! She loves her sisters but also gets very angry when they don't know when to back off...at which time she will let out a big yell...she still loves to nurse morning and night and I have to admit that Mommy loves this as well...with being a working mother it's such a perfect way to bond with my baby girl! She is beginning to walk but still prefers to crawl. She loves to give open mouth kisses and will say "mama" when she sees me...I'm so in love with this little one year old! I thank God everyday for blessing my life in so many ways...and today I want to thank Him for giving me my sweet little Abbie Grace!


007



Ella making some birthday cupcakes..


084


Abbie's new toy~


048


025




125




105


Please don't mind Abbie's messy face in this picture...I didn't realize she still had carrots all over her face until I downloaded the picture...oops!


036

4 comments:

Annie Jane Photography said...

I just ADORE that first photo of 'lil Abbie! Great job!

fleur de lis cottage said...

Oh sweet Abbie...happy birthday! I love all the pics and love her birthday party pics.

Jennifer said...

Abbie is so beautiful! I love her birthday outfit! Happy birthday!

Justine said...

Beautiful post...God is good:)