Wednesday, November 26, 2008

So much to be thankful for...


I am so behind in my posts...our dear little Ella just celebrated her first gotcha day last week and I have yet to post some pictures...they are coming...Abbie turned 6 months today...that post is coming as well...


Today was a very hard day and I just had to post so that I could share how thankful I am for my family. I work as a school psychologist in a very small rural district (650 students K-12) and today I got the news that we lost one of our students...he passed away after a terrible sledding accident...only 14 years old. He was one of four boys and my heart breaks at how much his brothers must be hurting... and of course his parents too...it's a sad reminder that tomorrow is never a guarantee!

I made sure to hug my little ones a little longer when I got home today... Thank you God for giving me such an amazing family...

3 comments:

Heather said...

What a wonderful photo!! I LOVE the beach!!! We'll have to come see you at HH this coming year when you travel. I'm done with school!! Graduation is 12/12!! We look forward to relaxing on the coast this year.

Up-state NY is beautiful! This time of year I do miss snow. It might snow once or twice here in N.GA, but it doesn't stay around long.

I love seeing the photos of everyone~~you are so blessed with a wonderful family!! Take care my friend!

Jodee said...

I am so sorry to hear about the sledding accident. What a tragedy.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. Your girls are adorable!

the boyd girls.... said...

Thanks for your sweet comment! Your little girls are precious! Girls are so much fun! I often talk about adoption, from China, and hubby is fine (or should I say overwhelmed :) enough with the two we have! ;)