Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Happy first Gotcha Day Ella!






On November 20th we celebrated Ella's first Gotcha day. Words cannot explain how much this little angel has blessed our lives. It's been a year since the very day a scared and sad little girl was handed over to us in Changchun, China. I still remember how emotional that moment was...I thought I was so prepared but I quickly figured out that there was really no way to prepare for that moment. I look back now and realize how sad and scared she really was those first few days. I remember being in the hotel room and she would just cry and cry while pointing to the door. I was too overwhelmed at the moment to understand what she was trying to communicate but now I realize she was pointing to the door so that we would take her back "home"...she wanted her nannies back, she wanted her friends back, she wanted the familiar sounds and smells back...she wanted her LIFE back...

Well the sad and scared little Ella is long gone!! We now have a happy, ENERGETIC, beautiful, and well adjusted little girl! We can't imagine life without her!












Happy Gotcha Day Sweet Ella!






4 comments:

Kristin said...

Happy Gotcha Day Ella!! I can't believe how much she has changed in one year!! Such a little cutie! :)

Heather said...

Happy Gotcha Day Ella! Reading your thoughts and memories of emotions about those first days brought back a flood of memories. What a whirlwind of emotions back then! Look at Ella's sweet face so genuinely happy now.

Jennifer said...

Happy Day! Love her sweet pictures :)

Gail said...

I'm late but
HAPPY GOTCHA DAY!!!