Monday, November 3, 2008

Happy 3rd Birthday Sweet Ella


Happy Third Birthday Ella!!!!

My dear Ella turned 3 on Sunday. It was her first birthday with us and it was such an amazing day. I love this child so much...she has such an amazing heart...

On this day it's hard for me not to think back three years ago and wonder about her mother's story ...was she a single mother? Was she abandoned because of her cleft lip/palate? Was she the second child? My mind races with so many possibilities. I wonder how her mother felt when she left this tiny child in the freezing cold outside of the orphanage...how heavy her heart must of felt...and how heavy it must continue to feel. I pray for Ella's birth mother everyday and thank her for this amazing gift we call Ella Irene!

And here are some things I love love love about Ella

-She has the biggest heart of any child I have ever met.

-She loves to help whenever she can.

-She is so polite, always saying thankyou and please.

-She is freakishly strong and we have to laugh as she picks up heavy heavy objects with such ease.

-She is such a clown and loves to make Sophie laugh.

-She gets ready with mommy in the morning and always dips her fingers in my contact case after mommy and pretends to put her contacts in.

-She always volunteers to say Grace before dinner...and her prayer consists of looking around the room and thanking God for anything she sees (ex. Thank God for milk, chicken, Sophie, mommy, daddy, Grampy)

-Whenever I dress her up she has to run and show Daddy

-She has more energy than any child I have ever seen!! From the moment her feet hit her bedroom floor in the morning she is on the go (OK...I admit this trait does get a little tiring for mommy!)


There are so many more...I love you my Dear Sweet Ella!






6 comments:

Kristin said...

oh my gosh-she looks so happy with her cake & presents!! Her smile was so big! So cute!

Orphan Response said...

Happy Birthday Ella! You hold a very special place in my heart. I love your smile!!! Blessings to you all!

Gail said...

I'm a little late but
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELLA!!!

JMCS said...

Happy belated birthday sweet baby girl. I just want to thank you so much for the kind words you left for me. I am just checking our my fave blogs tonight because it has been way too long since I have been able to come by. You guys have such a beautiful and happy family and your girls are just stunning.

Hugs,
Jonni

Heather said...

Oh Happy Birthday sweet Ella!! We love seeing your prescious happy smile!

JMCS said...

I hope Ella had a wonderful birthday. She is so special. I also frequently think about Sofia's birthmother and wonder how she must have felt. I truly believe our girls birth mothers loved them dearly and they made sure to put their babies somewhere where they would be found and taken care of. I just wish I could tell Sofia's birthmother that she is okay. I wish I could share the joy with her. I feel so lucky and now you feel the same way.

Hugs,
Jonni