Tuesday, January 15, 2008

We are Home!

We are Home! We want to thank everybody who kept little Ella in their prayers! Her surgery went longer than expected because the size of her cleft. So a five hour surgery turned into a 7 hour surgery! I have to say though that my little Ella is such a tough cookie! She was in A LOT of pain the first couple days! Luckily they had morphine hooked up to her IV so they could take some of the pain away. By day 3 she was smiling and wanting to play! That's my girl! :) Here are some pics from her time in the hospital. Now we pray that the surgery will remain successful and no holes will appear!



5:00 Friday morning...all packed and ready to go!

Before surgery




Two days after surgery...so puffy!


Our first smile after surgery!!!

5 comments:

JMCS said...

Hi guys,

I am so glad to see you made it home and that big smile on Ella's face. Poor sweet little baby. I hope she is feeling back to herself soon. Please let me know if I can help in any way. Just think, the hard part is behind you now, YAY!

Love,
Jonni
:)

stollmyheart said...

So glad she is doing well! What a champ!

K said...

I just came across your blog...you have a beautiful family :) It looks a lot like mine! (especially after reading the post that you are expecting girl #3!) We have 2 bio daughters, 1 adopted from China, and we are in the process of adopting daughter #4 from Vietnam. Having all girls is a beautiful gift! (we get the questions, too...'don't you want a boy?')
God Bless!
Kim Wheaton
www.weareblessednotlucky.blogspot.com

Orphan Response said...

Yeah! I am so glad that is behind you all. She looks fantastic! What a trouper! She still steals my heart with every picture! Continued blessings to you all,
Christine

Katherine said...

Thanks for the update! Glad to hear the surgery went well. She'll continue to be in my prayers!