Friday, February 10, 2012

Simple Life...

The Simple Life...
this is what I soo want for me and my family!  It's so funny because if you would of  talked to me ten years ago I would not want anything close to a simple life...in fact the more the better...More what?  More anything!  I always associated having more with being happier...I always longed for more money, more house, more clothes, more shoes, more fun, more vacations, more everything!  And as we desired more and more we slowly became dependent upon two incomes...but what did that matter back then?  I went to college for 7 years to have a career and there was NO was I was going to settle and become a stay at home mom... not me! 

Gradually over the years things began to change...We went from living in a small city to a small little village about 30 minutes from everything.  We began to attend church and I soon began to realize there was so much more to this life then I once had thought...the Lord soon began to mold me into the woman he wanted me to be...and trust me it was very different from the woman I was becoming...

I can now say that I desire the simple life...a life with a lot less stuff...a life where I can stay home and enjoy my babies...A life that allows me to spend more time with the hubby...a life that isn't in constant "go" mode...a life that is just more simple!  And I have to tell you I have even changed as far as the blogs I read...I now get so excited to read family blogs where the families share tips on how to be thrifty because they had to sacrifice in order for the momma to be able to stay home with their babies!  The blogs that give suggestions on inexpensive ways to have fun with your family...the blogs that share what they go without for the sake of their family!  Now that is sacrifice...have I ever really sacrificed anything?  Sadly..the answer is no.  Stuff was always too important...

My longing for the simple life is a process and I will not deny that there are days that I go 2 steps backwards and want to delight in all worldly things around me...it's hard and a battle I am always fighting...but it's a battle I wont' give up...I wont' give up until I am the momma and wife that God wants me to be...I won't give up until I can be at home spending more time with my hubby and babies.  

So there it is.

DSC_0246


3 comments:

Annie Jane Photography said...

This rocks! Love the photo as well.

Jodee said...

I completely agree! Less really is more! I, too, prefer a simple life! I wish we had money trees so we didn't have to work!

Ashley@The Vanilla Tulip said...

:) I'm so proud of you!!!!!
You know what I was thinking the other day....
You may not see it this way... but what a blessing you have been working these past years so that you could afford to bring sweet Ella home..ya know?
You are such a great mom and don't you forget it!!!!!!
Praying for you friend!!!