Friday, February 24, 2012

goodbye Shiny...we will miss you.

Sophie's beloved pet goldfish, Shiny, passed away several weeks after Santa dropped her off on Christmas eve. 

DSC_0251

i never dreamed that i would ever cry over a dead goldfish but i have to tell you seeing my little girl hurt made this momma hurt so deeply.

she was just so sad and wanted her momma to hold her...and that i did.
my mom put shiny in this little box and sophie quickly went to work to make a cross to put on top of the box

DSC_0102

later that day we took her to the pet store to buy a new fish and that is where we found flower.  flower made sophie smile again.

i think what struck me so hard with all of this is that it is the first time i ever saw one of my littles hurting and i certainly know it will not be the last...and there is nothing i can do about it. 
that stinks. 
but i can take comfort knowing that my little are being raised to know the Lord and are being guided to always turn to Him to seek comfort...just as their mommy and daddy do.

Psalm 18:2



The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.




No comments: