Friday, July 9, 2010

LIfe as a family of 6...

Crazy...life has become a little more complicated with the arrival of Levi...but that would be expected given he is a newborn and newborns tend to be needy.  For the time being there is no getting up and going...something I miss.  I have yet to try and venture out by myself with the clan and I don't plan on doing it anytime soon.  So we have been hanging out a lot at home...that means mommy gets very excited when Daddy is home and we can get out for our weekly trip to Walmart (who would of guessed that I would ever long for trips to walmart)...it feels so good to get out when you are home all day!  And as you may know I LOVE to dress the girls-especially in the summer...maxi dresses, knot dresses, MJ halters-oh my I love it all!...but since we don't go many places I have to go all out when we make a trip to walmart...so it is a understatement to say they probably are a little overdressed for the trip! ;)

Levi is a sweet little baby.  He continues to nurse every 2-3 hours (every hour during his fussy time) and is really starting to fill out.  He has the sweetest little eyes and is just starting to focus on me.  I can't wait for that first smile!

Here are some pics from the last several weeks...

Yes...as you can see by Sophie's wrist...silly bands have invaded the Whitacre household...all I can say is Seriously??
Sophie and Ella showing off their new library cards...I now can check that off the summer to do list! :)

Little Levi's first bath!

And here is a group shot of my little sweeties...I can not even tell you how stressful this shot was...I won't write anymore b/c I really don't want to relive it...but on another note...how cute are these shirts??? Ashley made them from Blue Cottage Kids (etsy)...she is soo sweet and so talented (and her prices are very reasonable)!  Thanks Ashley!! :)

HOpefully I will post my 4th of July pics before the end of summer!!!  We shall see!

7 comments:

Justine said...

Levi is so precious, I can't wait to meet him! I know what you mean about being home all day and looking forward for any excuse to dress up, I did a lot of that when I was a SAHM when Tati was a baby. I don't know anything about getting four out the door though! God blessed you with four children for a reason though, he must think very highly of your mothering:)

Jennifer said...

The girls shirts are so cute! I love Ashley :) And Levi is just too sweet for words!

Katherine said...

Absolutely precious pictures! Levi is quite adorable, but I wouldn't expect anything else. :) Hope things continue to get a bit easier and that you get out of the house a bit more!

Jodee said...

I can only imagine how crazy it is at your house! I think the baby stage is soooo hard! Hang in there!

Love, love, love the pictures with the big sisters! You have an adorable crew!

Emily said...

As usual the pics are great! And I heart those shirts too!

Ange said...

Oh, these guys are just ADORABLE! Loving the girls' frocks. I'll bet there's never a dull moment in your household.

I can relate somewhat to the blend in your family. We have two foster boys, brothers aged 10 and 12, who look quite different to us. Surprisingly people don't really ask a lot of questions.

Enjoy your kids. It goes by so quickly doesn't it :)

Ange
http://quirkyisokay.blogspot.com
http://godandange.blogspot.com

Heather said...

Oh Congratulations!! He's beautiful!!!