Monday, May 11, 2009

A Very Happy Mother's Day!

032






I love Mother's Day...not because of the gifts and going out to lunch with the family but because it makes you stop and realize how important your job as a mother really is. At church yesterday our pastor gave a message on Moses and how we was blessed to have two mothers. His one mother gave him all the wealth and material items he could ever want but it was his birth mother that shared her love for God with Moses which by far is the best gift one could ever give. It is very easy in this world today to get wrapped up in all the material possessions...I am very guilty of this. But I am trying more than ever these days to instill in my daughters that this life is not all about the "things"...it is about the love of our Father...so today I thank God for my three beautiful daughters, my amazing husband and MY beautiful mother...and I thank God that he believes in me and my ability to be the best mother I can be...I know I struggle but I also know that the Lord would never give me anything I could not handle...



I can do anything through him who gives me strenghth
Philippians 4:13


084


076


I know I have mentioned this many times on my blog but I just can't help but share how sweet my little Ella is. In our family it is usually known that Sophie sits next to Mommy and Ella sits next to Daddy. Sophie tends to be very territorial but Ella is also very accepting of this and usually does not want to anger the beast so she will happily sit next to Daddy. Well yesterday at lunch it just so happended that when we took our seats Ella was seated next to me. After several minutes Ella looked over at me and in a very surprised voice said,


"YAY Mommy, I'm sitting next to YOU! I am so happy Mommy! I love you so much! Happy Birthday, Mommy!"


Mommy: "I love you too, Ella! And it's Mother's Day, not my birthday, silly!"


Ella: "Happy Mother's Day, Mommy"


Oh how she melts my heart...


044




039



030



5 comments:

day by day said...

Wow...what a beautiful picture of you and your girls!

What a sweet heart that your Ella
has!!

That is so neat that we both have a Sophie and Ella!

Justine said...

Thank you for sharing your beautiful pictures and encouraging words!

fleur de lis cottage said...

Your girls are so cute! I love their coordinated outfits.

Glad you had a great Mother's Day!

S'te said...

I've been reading snippets of your journey whenever I get a chance. What an amazing journey you've had with your girls and Ella's adoption. They are all beautiful!

Nicole said...

I love your blog!

Where do you get your kids CUTE clothes?!?!