Monday, November 26, 2007

Good news!!!!

Just wanted to let everyone know that Ella is doing MUCH better which means mommy is doing much better!! Her screaming episodes are minimal and last night she actually went down to sleep without a meldown (thank God!!!) She truly is such a sweetheart and we are so thankful that God has put her into our lives! We already can't imagine life without her...I can't say I felt that way the first day!

Yesterday we went to the zoo and she had a great time seeing all the animals and all the other kids...I think she really misses all of her "friends" at the orphanage...I pray they too will be adopted soon so they can experience life and love outside of the orphanage...

She is doing really well with her cleft! She amazes me! I think she has really learned how to compensate for it...she eats everything...and lots of it!!! This kid can eat! Last night she ate 2 pieces of pizza! It's such a good feeling to watch a child eat...I hope she rubs off on her sister!

The first 2 days she did not speak at all and I thought maybe she was unable to b/c of her cleft...boy was I wrong...she is a motor mouth but ofcourse I can't understand much...I know her cleft is impeding her ability to put lots of sounds together. But she can already say, "mama", "dada", "Ella", "hi" and "bye"...what a great start...I can't wait to see how much she learns from her sister!

AND the best news...she now likes Mommy!!!! She still prefers daddy but mommy is making gains!!! Yay!!!

I can't wait to post pictures!!! As soon as I get home I will post lots!!!

Hope to post more good news soon!!!!

5 comments:

Heather said...

OH! YEA!!! I'm so happy for you all!! Wonderful news!!!

Unknown said...

What wonderful news! We are so happy for you! I can't wait to see pictures!

JMCS said...

We are THRILLED for you guys. I am so glad to hear how much better Ella is doing. The children really bloom after a few days. Hope your trip is going well. Just think not too much longer and you will be home!

Love,
Jonni
:)

JMCS said...

P.S. we can't wait to see the pictures too!

Love,
Jonni

Orphan Response said...

Praise God!!!! Enjoy this time! Can not wait to see pictures!!!!
Christine