Thursday, July 26, 2007

NEW PICS OF ELLA




I was so excited to see a message from Christine when we arrived home from Enchanted Forest!!! As you may know, Christine went to China as a volunteer in the Siping orphanage with a group of admirable people!!! She met Ella last July and named her "Grace" (full story in previous blog) but now she was given the opportunity to go back and see "Grace" a year later!! This is what she wrote:



Hello,
Your daughter has grown up so much and she is the most beautiful little girl!!!!

We all fell in love with her. And knowing that she is soon going to be home soon is so exciting!!!

Let me tell you alittle about her....
The first day she was very shy. She would cry if anyone of us got near her. She would reach up for the Nannies. It was very cute and very understandable! It was wonderful to see she felt so comfortable with the nannies. And they are just wonderful and loving! By the second day she warmed up and I was able to hold her. She loves to look out the window! She is walking and has the best laugh! That is what I feel in love with a year ago was her smile.

I gave her your gift. The Nannies really liked it! They pulled the book out right away. They love to look at the pictures of the families too. One Nanny took Ella in her lap and read the book of your family with her saying "Mamma" and pointing to the pictures. Ella repeated it all so clearly! Mamma, Babba everyone. It was so cute! She is very smart! Even the nannies told me they thought she is so smart.

She loves to play with blocks. We used playdough containers for blocks and all the kids loved to stack them. We are going to send blocks over in our first care package!

I am still going through tons of pictures and I know I have video of her. I will send a few now and more later! If you have questions please let me know. I am still jet lagged so as I remember stories, I will let you know!

Blessings to you all!
christine



I get chills everytime I read it!!! My little girl now knows what her forever Mommy and Daddy looks like!! I can't believe how blessed we are to be in touch with these amazing people!!! God is amazing!!!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I LOVE THE NEW PICS!! I was so excited to see them!! It's so amazing that Ella can see pics of her new family everyday!! I can't wait to shower her with tons & tons of kisses!! hehe