Thursday, June 7, 2007

Referral

May 4th 2007 is the day we first laid eyes on our beautiful daughter, Si Ping. However, our journey to this referral was anything but ordinary. As you may know both parents have to be 30 to adopt from China. Well when the first group of special needs babies came into our agency I was still 29 and I was told I would not be able to look at these children, disappointed I reluctantly agreed. However, on Friday May 4th we received an email from our agency stating there was one little girl from the special needs group that had not been adopted yet. I turned 30 on April 22, so when I read this email my heart began to beat rapidly....so I emailed our agency to get more information on this child...the information revealed she was a little girl born with a unilateral cleft lip and palate (uncorrected). She was born on November 2, 2005. And she was absolutely adorable!! So we took the weekend to talk and pray...

On Monday we made the call to our agency and declared, "We want Si Ping!" We asked our agency why she had not been adopted yet?? Our agency thought it was because of the severity of her cleft. We knew it was because she was waiting for her mommy and daddy!

No comments: