Thursday, May 24, 2012

Best present award goes to....

my sweet sweet ella!
Here is a letter that my dear ella wrote for me on my birthday.

046

Happy Birthday Mommy!

1.  I am so glad that you are my mommy.
2.  You are the best mommy I ever had
3.  You are the best.
4.  You do like Gap don't you.
5.  Mommy you are so pretty that I can't get over you.
6.  Mommy I am so glad that God picked you to be my  
      mommy.
7.  I love you mommy so much.
8.  Mommy you are 35 you are an old curmudgeon.
9.  You are so pretty every day.

To:  Mommy Irene Whitacre
By:  Ella Irene Ping Whitacre

PS. I love you!


i still tear up when I read this letter.
As well as chuckle.
i heard her ask daddy how to spell "curmudgeon" not knowing she was writing a letter to me...i always call daddy an old curmudgeon so apparently i am one now as well. :)
i seriously have never met a child with such a compassionate heart. 
She is just so sweet and loving. 
i still remember talking with a wonderful woman that remembered ella from her time she spent volunteering in ella's orhanage.  she had named her "grace" and even wrote to me telling me  "she is the sweetest little baby with a smile that will melt your heart"
just amazing that ella exuded her sweetness and love even as a baby!

Still in awe that God picked me to mother this little sweet pea!  




1 comment:

Emily said...

What a precious letter:) She is a such a sweetheart!