Saturday, September 3, 2011

Sophie hearts horses.

Sophie looooves horses.  I am pretty sure that she developed this love while spending time with her babysitters daughter, Sarah, who loves horses so much I remember she would be galloping around on her knees every afternoon when I would pick Sophie up after work. 
Her first toy horse was purchased while we were in Hilton Head when Sophie was 2.  I remember it so vividly.  I told her she could go pick out a toy if she could put her face under water.  I remember going to target and Sophie picked out a Schleich horse which she named Kalum (pronounced Kaylum).   No idea where that name came from.  I wish I could find a picture of Sophie with Kalum but unfortuntatly my memory stick broke with all of those pictures on it (sniff, sniff).  However, I did find this picture from that same vacation and low and behold look what is in her hand...a stuffed horse (apparently we bought her 2 horses on that vacation, ohhh the days of only having one child).

Her love of horses continued to grow...
 she would be soo happy when she had a chance to ride on a horse!

Here she is at 3 years old.

And here at her 4 year old pony party!

085

4 years old at the Apple Fest
035

So you can just imagine her excitement when Mommy and Daddy told her we enrolled her in horseback riding lessons. 

DSC_0170

She was so ready.
DSC_0173

And handled her horse with such ease.
DSC_0178

and confidence.
DSC_0183

She paid full attention to the teacher
DSC_0189

and loved
DSC_0194

Every second of it.
DSC_0199

The rest of the clan came along to cheer Sophie on.
DSC_0207

DSC_0213

DSC_0215

I have to say.
DSC_0203

we have found Sophie's thing!! 
DSC_0222

And we couldn't be happier.

2 comments:

Jodee said...

How fun! She is glowing through my screen!

Emily said...

That's great! I had horses growing up and loved them...well my first one any way(after that I was scared of them:( GO SOPHIE! RIDE ON!