Wednesday, September 7, 2011

My cute little First Graders!

Sophie and Ella are officially First Graders. 
oh my. 
where has the time gone?
I swear just yesterday they were my sweet little 2-year olds?



 and now they are my sweet and sassy First Graders. 

say it ain't so
DSC_0038

Abbie always has to crash her sissies pictures.  but i don't mind because she is just so cute.
DSC_0043


DSC_0027

and of course in true whitacre fashion we had to pretty the girlies up on "first day of school eve".

DSC_0016

DSC_0021

and of course miss abbie had to partake in the pampering.

DSC_0026

Here they are in their classroom.  I don't think there will be many more years in which they (they being Sophie and Ella as well as the school) will allow me to photograph the girls every move on their first day of school...is mommy a little over the top, perhaps.

DSC_0046

DSC_0045

Of course the first day of school took a strange turn when all the schools in the area dismissed early because of terrible flooding that was happening in our area as a result of a hurricane.  We ended up having the rest of the week off due to the devasting floods. 

We tried to make the most of the rain by playing in our flooded yard while daddy kept pumping 4 feet of water out of our basement.

DSC_0048

DSC_0054

DSC_0086

and the next day we played some more.

DSC_0105

DSC_0107

We were definitely spared from the devestation that others in our community had to face. The worst part is these poor people had to deal with this 5 years ago when the first "100 year flood" hit our village.  We never dreamed it would happen again several years later.

DSC_0115

DSC_0122

DSC_0124

DSC_0125

DSC_0128


DSC_0132

It was awesome to see our community come together and help all those families in need...we are so blessed to live in a village made up of so many loving and selfless people.  We are blessed.



1 comment:

Emily said...

I can't believe they are in first grade already....and I can't believe the amount of water you got!!! I have a first grade package for the girls, missed your mom last weekend so I will mail it:)