Wednesday, August 24, 2011

one last trip...

For our last trip of the summer we once again tagged along with Daddy to Rochester.  Most people would never consider Rochester as a vacation destination but hey as long as there is a hotel with a pool then the Whitacres will vacation there...that's how this family rolls! :)  It all honesty though it ended up being so much fun (with the exception of a visit to a walkin due to a major bout of mastitis...ughhh!). 
We had so much fun hanging out by the lake after dinner one night...the weather was gorgeous!

DSC_0002

DSC_0009

I love when I can actually catch their real smiles.
DSC_0018



DSC_0030

DSC_0033

And here it is folks...the next two pictures were my attempt at capturing all four littles...
this first picture captures their personality so well

Sophie-being annoying to Levi by playing with his ear
Abbie-just kind of there..not sure which way to roll at this      point...a meltdown could be very near but so could a beautiful smile...who knows.
Ella-taking this picture very serious b/c she knows how moody her momma can become if she doesn't get a good shot...trying to contain Levi with grace and determination
Levi- Mr. Grumpus pants who could care less

DSC_0049

And two seconds later I had this...
oh. my. 
At this point I put my camera away.

DSC_0050


The next day we took the kids to Seebreeze...we used to go there as kids so it was neat to be able to take my littles. 

This was their first ride...Abbie had no idea it went this fast so it took her a while to recover from this one...
DSC_0065

She was much happier on the boats...
DSC_0082

DSC_0090

I loved this ride when I was a kid so I was thrilled when Sophie and Ella went on it with me...

DSC_0095

Sophie loved it so much she wanted to go right back on it with Daddy.
DSC_0106

DSC_0107

DSC_0112

From there we headed to the waterslides. I can't beleive how much Sophie looks like Abbie in this picture. 
DSC_0129

DSC_0134

DSC_0140

Abbie wanted so badly to go on the kiddy waterslide but kept chickening (is that a real word??) out when she would get up there...then she finally did it.
DSC_0149

AND...
DSC_0150

LOVED it!
DSC_0156

DSC_0163

Levi wasn't sure what to think of the water shooting up from the ground.
DSC_0187

So he gave it a try.
DSC_0186

And then went to find mommy because he had enough.
DSC_0191

love this shot of ella and daddy.
DSC_0197

Sophie really wanted to go on the pirate ship..oh my...I really felt like we were all going to fall out.  I was scared and laughing throughout the entire ride-I felt like I had lost my marbles.  Look at those boys in front of us...apparently we should of chose those seats.

DSC_0199

DSC_0200

The train was much more enjoyable!
DSC_0201

We had such a fun time...the girls are still talking about it.   We are definitely hoping to come back next year.
DSC_0205

2 comments:

Emily said...

FUN!!! Love Roch-cha-cha! When is the "Potter Clan" tagging along on one of these trips? haha

Jen and Jared Watson said...

I guess I need to make a note to myself to not read your blog while at work "pretending to work" because I burst out laughing reading this one like 3 times. I love the pirate ship photo. I dont think a photoshopped picture could have been funnier with the 2 boys looking bored to death :) Great blog