Sunday, November 21, 2010

Happy Gotcha Day, Ella!

Three years ago today we met our little Ella...


A very scared and sad little 2-year old girl who just wanted her old life back...
ELLA and CHINA 019

After a little while she started to warm up to our family and started to fit right in...

Christmas time 2007 028


Sophie remained a little guarded since she did not like to share her mommy!

Christmas time 2007 008

But they started to become "friends" and soon thereafter they  became inseparable...

017








And as if coming home to a new country, new house, new family..new everything wasn't enough...she helped welcome a new baby sister 6 months later...



And as in Ella style she welcomed our little Abbie with such grace...


And then of course 2 years later she was there to welcome her baby brother...


I would by lying to say it has been all good...we certainly have had our ups


And downs...
046

But luckily the ups have far outweighed the downs...

001

And as we come upon her 3rd Gotcha Day I am just overwhelmed with God's perfect plan...How on that cold winter day when Ella's birth mother layed her down in front of the orphange and walked away that He had already chosen me to mother this little angel long before the thought had even entered my mind..just amazing! Today I thank Ella's birth mother for chosing LIFE, I thank my husband for opening his heart to adoption even though it was something he never dreamed of doing, I thank Ella for loving us with all her heart...and most of all I thank GOD for His perfect plan! 

We  LOVE you, Ella!

5 comments:

allabouthebutlers said...

Such a sweet, sweet post.

Jodee said...

Happy Gotcha Day! Ella was the perfect addition to your family! You are sooo blessed to be her mama!

Emily said...

Happy Gotcha Day Ella! Love the timeline with the pics!

Kristin said...

What a nice post! :)

Glad I able to spend Gotcha Day getting Sonic soda with you Ella! :)

Brandi said...

What a sweet post! Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog. Your kids are precious!!!!!