Saturday, April 4, 2009

A Free Day!!!

This winter was quite crazy here this year and as a result we used our allotted snow days very quickly (I'm a school psychologist for a local school district). So our administration decided to take away three of our vacation days in February in anticipation of more bad weather...well that bad weather never came and so the days were given BACK to us!!! So last Thursday we received a memo stating they would be adding two of the days to Memorial Day break (YEAH!!!! Now I have Abbie's FIRST birthday off!!!) as well as March 30th. Nothing beats a surprise day off!! So the girls (minus Abbie) took full advantage and headed to Chuck E. Cheese followed by a little shopping and then to the jewelry shop to get my little Ella's ears pierced!!! We had so much fun...the best part is I did not miss anything with Abbie b/c she napped the entire time we were gone!! So then I got to come home and kiss on her for the rest of the day! I LOVE these kind of days...


126


127




124



116


110


Here is the story of Ella's ear piercing experience...She has asking me for days to get her ears pierced and I kept putting it off because I was not comfortable taking her the mall and having a 16 year old from Claires try and pierce her ears (NOTHING against Claires NOR 16 year olds!!!) I just wanted to find the right place. So I was getting my watch fixed at a jewelry store and noticed they did it there! So after CHuck E. CHeese and shopping we stopped to get her ears pierced. Well Ella kind of went crazy and started crying hysterically when the woman came near her...as I'm trying to calm Ella down I start to hear Sophie starting to sob....I was a little confused b/c Sophie wasn't even getting her ears pierced!!! Nevertheless she starts screaming, "I just want to go home!"...As I was comforting the girls Ella had decided that she wanted ME to do it so I had to pretend to hold the gun as the very patient woman pierced her ears....


Well fast forward 10 minutes...Ella was in love with her new earrings and even said she looked like a princess...and of course now that I exposed Sophie to such trauma I can kiss goodbye any ideas I have of getting her ears pierced! Lesson learned: Never bring a child you hope someday will get her ears pierced to watch another get them pierced!


129

3 comments:

allabouthebutlers said...

Ha! I was laughing reading your post. One was screaming and then the other started screaming! Soo funny and "traumatic" at the same time.

Justine said...

Sounds like such a fun day with your girls! The ear piercing story is def one of those expect the unexpected motherhood moments:) Ella looks adorable with her ears pierced and I wouldn't be surprised if Sophie decides to get her done despite witnessing the drama!

Emily said...

Dear Ella, I love the new pics and the new look. You look beautiful!

On another note,I would like to discuss a nasty rumor I heard about you, your parents, and your sisters not coming out to the "Stanch" for Easter! Now as you know your Uncle Scott and Aunt Emily have been having major withdrawl from not seeing you and your family. The Easter Bunny will be so sad if you can't make it here and search for your eggs. Plus Aunt Emily was going to make taco salad, buy good wine, and have piles of olives and cheese for you and Sophie. So I hope that this is only a rumor, and that you can talk your fam into coming to the "Stanch"this weekend! WE MISS YOU ALL!

Love,
Alone in The Stanch