Thursday, October 2, 2008

Happy Birthday, Sophie!!




Happy Birthday, Sophia Hope!


I prayed for this child and the Lord granted my request.
1 Samuel 1:27







My dear Sophie turned 3 today. I still can't believe it! It feels as if it were yesterday when I learned I was pregnant. But actually it was January 27, 2004. Greg and I tried for almost a year to have a baby. My frustration was growing as my friends would share with me their "good news". Then the unthinkable happened that took my mind completely away from having a baby. My dad was diagnosed with cancer and was given less than a year to live. Well his condition quickly worsened and he found himself in the hospital soon thereafter his diagnosis. One morning he were by his bedside when we were told his time was near. As we all stood around him he looked at me and told me I was pregnant...Greg and I were so confused b/c first of all we were not pregnant and second of all I never really talked to my dad about my frustration of not becoming pregnant...well he repeated it again and we shared with my dad, "no dad, we are not pregnant". Well apparetnly my dad knew something we did not...several weeks later we were pregnant! I shared the news with my mom and dad on January 29th...January 30th my dad passed away. I believe God knew that I would struggle with losing my father and sent me a little angel named Sophie to ease the pain...Sophie's middle name Hope is in rememberence of my dad...she gave me such hope in a time of sadness...Thank you God for this blessing we call Sophia! And here are some of the things I treasure the most about my little angel-





-She loves her mommy with all her heart-a true mommy's girl!


-She has such a deep belly laugh that melts my heart.


-She substitutes "v" with "b" and tell me she "lubs" me all the time!


-She falls asleep with her play horses in her hands every night.

-she calls marshmellows- "farfellows"



-She must kiss me at least 4 times every night before I leave her room.


-She loves to build castles with blocks


-She loves horses and makes the best horse sound I have heard-she has even received compliments from strangers!


-She is so cuddly in the morning.


-She pumps her one arm when she runs which looks quite funny!


-She at times compliments me on what I am wearing.

There are so many more...I love you my Sweet Sophie!










Birth





1st Birthday



2nd Birthday



3rd Birthday

8 comments:

Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday, Sophie! What a blessing and such a cutie!

JMCS said...

I love the new look of your blog. It is so beautiful. I hope your sweet little Sophie has a wonderful 3rd birthday and you gave me goosebumps when I read the story about your father. I truly believe that he knew he was sending you an angel. You and G are such terrific parents and such wonderful people. You deserve every joy in life.

Hugs,
Jonni

Kristin said...

awww...Sophie looks so happy with her cupcake! I laughed when I read that she pumps one arm as she runs!! I can just picture it in my head! I also love how she calls marshmellows-farfellows! hehe

allabouthebutlers said...

Hi! Little Miss Sophie is a big girl! :)
I also forgot that I didn't answer your questions last week! I teach English at the high school and Fair Day is a great carnival type of thing w/rides and CRAZY food! Everything is fried and WONDERFUL! It's in Dallas; The Texas State Fair! As if I didn't have enough lbs. to lose, I'm about to add more! Have a great week!

Heather said...

What an amazing story!! And, sweet, sweet pictures of Sophia! HAPPY BIRTHDAY SOPHIA!!

I love the new look to the blog!! I love the girls cute little faces in the banner!

You sound like you are all doing well. Maybe we can come see you on the next trip to Hilton Head! I'll be done with school this Dec. (YEA), pass the NCLEX, and get on with life without studying!! (YEA-YEA!)

Looking forward to see you again!

Justine said...

Thank you for sharing Sophie's beautiful story...Your love for her just pours out in this blog! I also love your list of treasured things about her. ("farfellows") She's truly a special little girl with such a personality! I also loved reading about her love of horses...I think Tatiana is unusual in her horse obsession too...and I don't know where it came from! She also falls asleep holding her horse figurines every night...too funny! We have to get them together again soon...I think Tatiana would be amused for hours making horse sounds with Sophie!

Gail said...

Thanks for giving me your blog address. I love the story of your pregnancy announcement. Someday I'll share mine with you.
Your daughters are beautiful!!! I didn't realize you have three. You are certainly blessed!!!
Gail
Mommy to Johanna Faith

3 Peanuts said...

What a beautiful story. I had chills reading it. Happy birthday cutie pie Sophie!