Sunday, December 16, 2007

Rubbing off on each other...






It's been a long time since I have posted (I know my sister is going crazy...sorry!)...Things have been a little crazy here trying to settle in with 2-2-year olds...AND for those of you who don't know yet...I'M PREGNANT! So I have been a tad tired keeping up with the girls and being 4-months pregnant! But I am not complaining...we could not be more blessed!


Sophie and Ella are starting to grow on each other...Sophie will always ask, "Where's sissy?" if she can't see her. She even wants to Ella to play with her (sometimes!)...but it's a start. I have to laugh how they have rubbed off on each other...I had first imagined that they would rub off on each other in "positive" ways...For example, Sophie may want to go potty on the potty chair...Ella may pick up some words from Sophie, and so on...well not exactly...here are several examples of what they have learned from each other...


1-Ella now will take Sophie's binkys and put them in her mouth (mind you-her cleft palate is not corrected yet so she can't suck!) The funny thing is we are trying to rid Sophie of this bad habit!


2-Sophie will now "rock" herself in her bed and carseat...Ella has a habit of rocking her body to get herself to sleep-it's quite disturbing to watch but it is what she had learned to self soothe herself...well now apparently Sophie who was rocked by her mommy all the time needs to "rock" herself to sleep!


3-Sophie will start to drool when she sees Ella drooling...the difference being poor Ella can't help it!


4-Sophie will copy Ella and take off her shoes and socks during EVERY car ride...which is quite time consuming when you have to think we need to then find the socks and shoes that they throw once they are off, then put on the socks..then put on the shoes...times two!!!! UGHHH


I have to laugh at those two...of course if I wasn't laughing I would be crying!!! :)


Here are some new pics...

3 comments:

Heather said...

I love it!!! Too funny!! WOW--congratulations~yes..what a blessing to have #3 on the way! Lots of little feet pitter-patting down the hallway! I can hear it now~how sweet!

Lily used to do a moan to fall asleep--sounded like a car reving it's engine :) MMmmm....MMmmm...MMmmm... And what is it with these girls with the socks & shoes?? Lily won't keep shoes & socks on either!! She's kicking them off as soon as I'm not looking.

JMCS said...

Congrats on your pregnancy! We are so excited for you guys. I love the pictures you posted and the cute things you wrote about the girls. They are just precious and how much fun to have another baby on the way. Do you know if it a girl or boy yet?

P.S. After Ella has her surgery, the drooling will almost completely stop. Before Sofia had hers, we always had to keep a bib on her becuase of the constant drooling from her cleft palate, but now she never has to wear a bib except for when she is eating.

Love,
Jonni
:)

stollmyheart said...

Hello!

I just found your blog and can tell it will be a favorite. My husband and I are in the process of adopting our first child from Vietnam. We were called two weeks ago about a little one with a CL/CLP...we're just waiting on her medicals/photos etc. to review before signing the referral papers. We're naming her Ella!

I look forward to following your little Ella's story! Congrats!